Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Updated Website! +Something happened!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Updated Website! +Something happened! Empty
PostSubject: Updated Website! +Something happened!   Updated Website! +Something happened! Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 8:51 pm

I updated my website ( www.silverbucklehorses.com ) Sigtea, Larry, and my grey filly Nardy all have new pictures! It was a busy day with bathes and lordy was it HOTTTT today. Thought I was going to pass out on #3.

Now, for what happened. I haven't had a chance till now to actually post this due to time. On Wednesday morning, I had an early lesson with a new client across town so I get up early and I go out to take care of the horses. I look around Rolling Eyes and suddenly, I am like, where is Nardy? I think, ok maybe I'm just not seeing things right, so I get to her stall, and she isn't there, her back panel is open though, which strikes me odd because she can't get it open, period, there is no way. So oh great, now I'm thinking someone stole my horse. I'm officially freaking out now, and then I start really looking around, over at the neighbors and everything, and I see my horse. Sigh of relief. Then, I look closer and notice that while my horse is standing and seems to be OK, she is IN a barbed wire fence. My Neighbors back fence that divides our properties (ok, this is where I would have also liked to have FAINTED... my gawd.) So I walk up to her super slow and in the back of my mind am thanking god for the hobble training we did with her when she was a baby, because ever since then, if she feels trapped, she just freezes. I grab a halter and go back, she lets me slip it on and I swear on my life gives me a look like "it took you freaking long enough, mom." I called my mom who was still sleeping and she came outside, we loosened up the fence wires and leg by leg helped her step out of it. Luckily, there was no life threatening damage, just on really nasty cut on a back leg, right above the bulbs of her heel. She got a tetnus booster and I've been treating what cuts she does have. Thank GOD it was her and not any of my other horses, the hobble training is something we teach all of them, but I've never had a horse catch on to it like she has. Here's what her legs look like today, and the rest of the damage that happened (I can't believe she wasn't cut up so much worse than this!)

--Back Feet, Both have cuts but the right is FAR worse.--
Updated Website! +Something happened! HPIM0707

--Her Chest, can't believe there was no blood, just rub marks!--
Updated Website! +Something happened! HPIM0710
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Updated Website! +Something happened!   Updated Website! +Something happened! Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2008, 7:08 am

That could have been so much worse. And to think that some people actually scoff at us when we hobble train them.
I hope she is doing ok. Wire cuts can be so hard to heal.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Updated Website! +Something happened!   Updated Website! +Something happened! Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2008, 9:43 am

Thank god it wasnt worse.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Updated Website! +Something happened!   Updated Website! +Something happened! Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2008, 11:26 am

That's the thing, being in AZ, we are still mostly open range here and there is barbed wire everywhere. There are some very irresponsible people that just take a fence down and throw the wire on the ground, it can get covered up by sand or brush really easily. I've seen so many horrible accidents with barbed wire, our neighbors horse is completely lame because she basically ripped her entire leg open, tendons and ligaments included. It was really horrible... All of my horses know what hobbles are, that's also probably the reason they ground tie so well, which I think is necessary when you work with cattle, reininfan, I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about here. I'm 100% for hobbles if they can be used in a knowledgeable way. Like everything, there is a good AND a bad way to use them.

That cut on her right back is pretty deep, not deep enough to damage soft tissue thank God, but nonetheless, I know it's going to take a month of Sundays to heal. At this very moment, just to try and get some scabbing going on, I'm keeping it pretty dry and just using a lot of topical antibiotic. It's actually already started to close a little around the edges. There are actually two cuts there and the bad one is seriously in a perfectly straight line... Talk about lucky, I've seen some that were so jagged, they never did really heal right.

We're still trying to gather information about who let her out of her stall though. We tried every possible way of getting her stall open without using a hammer to take out that back pin, and we couldn't get it. Our neighbors are crack heads and apparently they have already attempted to ride someone elses horse in the neighborhood at around 3AM. They are here temporary, so hopefully they will be gone soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Updated Website! +Something happened!   Updated Website! +Something happened! Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2008, 1:36 pm

I think I might be for setting up some camera's out there. Boy that would P!ss me off. Hope she heals quickly.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Updated Website! +Something happened!   Updated Website! +Something happened! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 1:09 am

aw, i hope she heals fast! I told my mom i wanted to buy her and haul her up to MN with me Very Happy

How exactly do you hobble "train"? definatly going to do that to all my horses when i get them again.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Updated Website! +Something happened!   Updated Website! +Something happened! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 12:13 pm

Get you some UNDERWOODS, and It wont even be a problem... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated Website! +Something happened!   Updated Website! +Something happened! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updated Website! +Something happened!
Page 1 of 1