Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Foalie pics

Go down 
+3
Mare
Triple J Quarter Horses
shazgeoff
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 10:14 am

Ok here are some more pics taken when they went out today.
My little one is on the mend but in pics has wet bum as i had to bath his back end and legs.
Ive also posted a pic of his mum Zana with her bald face and swollen glands.

Also pics of his half sister(same sire) who was born the night before.Not bad as i saw both foals come into this world,just aswell to as i had to break open the sac on my little fello.

We cant make out if the filly is Red Dun or Dunalino,what you reckon?
Foalie pics Widget032
Foalie pics Widget028
Foalie pics Widget024
Foalie pics Widget036
Foalie pics Widget044
Foalie pics Widget047
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 12:42 pm

Bless her heart, she has HOG JAWs pig Sure hope she does better soon.
I dont think your baby is all that small, Compare his length of leg to this Dams. Not far off on the knees compared to his Dams, And he has all that Chrome!

PS I like your mare better then the Grulla!
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 1:51 pm

I love them both. The colt really doesnt look that small, maybe your just use to having really tall ones. He looks average to me.
I couldnt even begin to guess what color the filly is. Looks like the same as mine whatever color that is.
Poor momma her jaw looks so sore. Now has it gone down some since she foaled at all? I do like your mare.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 1:57 pm

So cute both of them. cheering He doesn't look that small to me either. My friends down the road had one last year that was so tiny she was no bigger then a dog.. She looked like you could pick her up and put her in your lap.. She is half arab/QH.. riding

Your LOL guy looks like he is doing fine and mums looks to be relieved it's all over and she can get back to normal.. ily
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 2:49 pm

Zanas face hasnt settled down as yet but i reckon it will take a while.She is such a good mare i love her to bits.

My little widget has taken a bad turn and vet back out again,he on antibiotics and some paste for his belly,he has gone from being bound up to overly severe diahorrea.
Poor little guy is having a rough start.Just aswell zana a good mum and lets you get on with it.She trusts me so im lucky.
Im so proud of my Zana.The day she had her foal she didnt want me to leave her,she went nuts when i went to muck out her stable and left her in field,i had to sit with her for hours just so she would graze.Knew something was up.

My friends grulla mare is over foal proud,what do you guys do with mares like that.She will attack you even if you look over her stable door.When i managed to put her out for my friend it was a milatray operation to round her up again.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 4:49 pm

For starts Leave a break away halter on her. Second A whip or about a 3 foot section of Hose outside her stall door, Its not that your going to beat her, Its the fact she has to remember who, is who. Being proud if fine, I even let mine lay their ears back, BUT that is all. Just a bit of punishment to show her, who is who. Usually one or two smacks and They are like OH YOUR SERIOUS! Have someone hold her while, someone rubs and loves on the foal. She has to get over it period.

Now about your little guy. What is the vet saying? Milk to rich. There is Bowel Sponge, Good Old Pepto, of Carcoal mix. Whats he having you use? Bless his heart! He'll get is all figured out. You know he's more than likely getting handled more now, since he is sick, then if he hadn't been. Remember Popeye was So very sick. And now I call him SNIP SNIP! Little Devil!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 5:04 pm

Thankd tj will pass this on about the evil mare hehe.

My little dude is on some diacell not spelt it right i know and some antibiotics.Vet reaccessing him in morning he wants to see if the other stuff helps first.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 5:45 pm

I certainly hope he's feeling better. I had one where the antibiotics were giving him the diarrea. Hope thats not the case, but your vet would already have thought of that.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 8:27 pm

Good ole plain yogurt with live cultures works wonders to get the gut in order.. I have put it in a syringe and given it to them. They like it too.. icecream

I had a mare that was going to kill anyone who got near her with her foal. I had to trick her and let her out of her stall and lock the foal in for the vet to check it out. Strange thing happened when I moved her out of the big barn to the lean too's we have that are open to the outside. She calmed down and could have cared less.. OH, the black colt she had chewed her long black tail off too... lol!
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 3:23 am

Very cute! Congrats! And the filly looks to me to be a red dun... Does she have a dorsal? what is daddy's color?

And as to the diarrhea... I do what Blue Jay does... But I do mix it with pepto bismol. My filly had a bout of diarrhea this year, but about 3-4 days of Pepto and plain yogurt, twice if not three times a day, cleaned it right up Smile

With grouchy overly foal proud mares... I do things simmilar to what T-J said to do. However none of my own personal mares have ever done this... foal proud yes, but have always welcomed my help in raising their babies lol! But many outside mare's I've helped with have been that way... I would prefer it over rejecting it though! Just keep in mind she's doing her job at protecting her baby from what she feels is a "threat"... take it slow, and prove people are not a threat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 7:40 am

Ta guys.Ive passed the advice onto my friend regarding her mare.

My boy has had blood taken and im waiting results.Said he may need blood transfusion .poorly boy Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 8:26 am

He's having a real tough start, isn't he. Poor guy. Does your Vet think it has anything to do with her facial hair loss and swelling? Or just a coincidence?
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 8:43 am

just a coincidence.
He also said he undershot,im sure thats where he suckling???

Still waiting the results,not a lot i can do but wait.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 10:28 am

Does he have other problems then just the poo's? What do you mean by undershot? scratch
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 10:41 am

Did you have your immunoglobulins, IgG test done? Just a thought.

PS I TOTAL AGREE WITH Good ole plain yogurt !
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 11:52 am

He had his Ig tested and thats great,higher than normal,vet said Zana has some top notch colostrum.

His white blood cell count higher than normal,vet said he either fighting infection or getting one.Also his kidney levels are very high.Got to keep real close eye on him.Vet also said it could be where he was straining so much the first 24 hours to go to the loo.Not alot they can tell at mo.He back out to do more blood on Monday to see how the levels are.
Funny thing is he is runny around and not deydrated,you would not think anything is wrong with him other than his really wet back end and legs,its mustard tap water coming out.

Widgets bottom jaw is longer than his top,is this normal in foals.My others not been like this,hence the reason why vet said he undershot.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 2:46 pm

good to hear he passed his IgG Test. Not so good on high white blood count and kidneys.

And I think what you mean by "undershot" is that like we people can have, over bites, under bites, and cross bites?

And if that is what it is... No, not very normal at all... but really depends on how much of an "under bite" he has. Most babies I see, if anything have a little over bite. Hopefully this will not effect his suckling, or his future grazing abilities Smile Let us know how things go!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 2:54 pm

Poor little dude hasnt much going for him then.

Will see if he can pull through these problems then go from there.Really dont know what to think about his jaw.Thought maybe its cause he suckling but obviously not.Really dont know what to think at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 7:15 pm

maybe Urinary tract infection or dehydration if his jaw isn't quite right maybe the vet will give him some fluids and get him going better will be interesting to see how his renal function tests are Monday fingers crossed for good results and maybe just and acute reaction related to the trauma of birth.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 8:51 pm

Depends on how far the lower jaw sticks out from the upper.. If it's barely noticable likely not a problem. If it's a lot could be. AS far as kidney functions if that is just a little off not usually a problem. What is his potassuim level? Does he look blooted? scratch
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 9:04 am

Just a quick update,Widget was getting worse so called vet out yet again.
This time he on injecions of antibiotics instead of paste,this seems to be helping as he was a bit brighter today.Fingers crossed he has turnt a corner.
Foalie pics DSC_0046
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:55 am

he really is a super looking colt hope he pulls through for you
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 3:57 pm

Well the good news is the antibiotics he now only i believe are working.Widget was a lot livelier today,he even managed to run around in field for about 5 mins,woohoo.Didnt have to wash his bum tonight.
Fingers crossed for the little dude.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 8:44 pm

Hope this round of meds does the trick for you. I love the day when you dont have to wash the hinny anymore. Glad to hear he is doing better
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 8:56 pm

He really looks bright and healthy. Hard to imagine he is even having any trouble.. I think I can speak for all of us when I day we are praying for him and hope he goes forward from this point on.. pray ily
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foalie pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foalie pics   Foalie pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foalie pics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next