Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEANING TIME YUCK!

Go down 
+3
reiningfan
Bluejay
Triple J Quarter Horses
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2008, 1:46 pm

Hate it, Hate it, Hate it! Evil or Very Mad

They've been wormed 3 times, Creep feeding, Shots and its yelling time!

OK, my 4 month filly, Weaned her. Saturday Night. Doing really well. Taking her for walks, she eating pretty good, and climbs in your lap, Pet me, pet me. Not screaming for mom. She can see her threw to the next stall, Mom will leave Friday Night for a visit.

Popeye has to be weaned at 3 months. affraid I know, I know, Just not much choice here. He's ROTTEN anyway. Loves his hay, eating oh, about 5 lbs of grain aday. With milk supplement. 4 cups. I will do the same thing, Mom next door till the week end then she is leaving. I use to wean babies at 3 months, if they were pulling mom down really bad. Its not that, Its well, doesnt matter, just has to be done. Cross your fingers for him. When the mares leave, Im putting the babies next to each other so they visit with each other, and will become pasture buddies later. He's Getting gelded soooo fast. Snip Snip! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2008, 8:48 pm

Getting close here too. We are just about done with the lean too stalls we put the mares in. They are at the other side of the property (not that far..LOL) and the babies stay in the barn.. I hate it too. I feel like such an ogar.. Twisted Evil

Be careful on that colt you are giving all that grain too. Those milk replacer pelletts are hell on those legs.. They are too rich for them at this stage.. I start mine out with about 2lb a day and work up to about 5 when they start fitting for weaner halter futurity. And, that is just oats. Oh, and all the vit/min stuff they get..

I was looking at the colt that is BS.. He has a big ole white spot on his tummy.. HE HE HE.. He should get reg APHA papers.. It's on the side of his navel. bounce cheering I had been waiting a bit to see if one would pop out. Even has the white skin... Dancing Not sure who is going to lay under him to get the shot for the paper work though.. coffee He is pretty laid back so should not be that hard..
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2008, 11:34 pm

Take a picture of whoever is taking the pic of that white spot. It might be funny.
I'm holding off weaning this year till late. Of course my babies are very young still, but last year a virus came through and knocked the hell out of my colts. I fed them up, but they still got kinda rundown. If they had been on their mommas, they would've recovered sooner. I know I wont likely get anything this year, but I don't need to wean early, so I likely wont.
Wade figures that we'll wean the ones we are bringing to the sale at the beginning of September when we load up to leave. He figures that since my babies are all used to their moms leaving them for a while at a time by then, they should be just fine. We'll see.
I don't envy you guys. I dread weaning time. It just seems odd to me that people are actually weaning and I'm still waiting on a baby from an outside mare.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 9:09 am

The time has gone by fast. My little guy is already 3 weeks old. But it doe's seem funny that its time to wean already. Mine stay on momma for 6 months. But I don't show or anything. I really wish my mares would get sucked down from feeding. Hope all goes well with weaning for you all!
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 10:53 am

Vegas is sold to the lady who is leasing my mare so she gets to do the mean deed.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 1:32 pm

Quote :
I was looking at the colt that is BS.. He has a big ole white spot on his tummy.. HE HE HE.. He should get reg APHA papers..

cheers Great News! cheers

Denibum, your cheating! No Not fair! Hey you going to Ohio County?

Well Ill just have to alittle pray and hope all goes well. Grrrrr
Back to top Go down
denibun

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 9:11 am

Kay-What's going on at Ohio County? Spencer County is having an open show on Saturday at 11 am, but it's probably gonna get rained out. Do you know of anywhere with an indoor where there's a show this weekend?

Denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 10:28 am

Is Ohio Co. Covered, They are having a show. Ill check it out.
Back to top Go down
denibun

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 10:57 am

They have an indoor where they hold contesting shows in case of rain, but I 'm not sure if there is much seating in there. What time is the show? I am just sure ours will get rained out.

DEnise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 11:14 am

IM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU, Racheal Will beat me!

Hee Hee. I will find out, as soon as I can get ahold of one out truck drivers.
Back to top Go down
denibun

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 11:48 am

I left messages for the 2 ladies down there at O hio County. We'll be here at Spencer County if it doesn't rain, but if it does, we'll come to OHio county.
Back to top Go down
denibun

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 12:02 pm

Okay- Show starts at 2 pm and will be moved inside in case of rain. If it doesn't rain, we'll stay here. If it rains, we're com ing to Ohio County.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 1:14 pm

What classes are spencer co having???
Back to top Go down
denibun

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 1:44 pm

I just emailed and requested a copy of the showbill, but typically we have halter, youth SMS, open SMS, leadline, walk trot (youth and open), WP (youth and open), HMS (youth/open), trail (usually open only), HUS, HSE, and have occasionally had some small over fences classes. Then, they do the contesting stuff after that(barrels, poles, flag race, keyhole, etc)
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 2:09 pm

IF it rains will they have an make up date? Let me know and forward the List PLEASE! pray
Back to top Go down
denibun

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 3:06 pm

Kay- Karen did not have a copy of the show bill to give me, but she said those classes were correct except they are divided into peewee (10 and under), jr (11-18), and open. Halter is just an open class, but everything else is divided.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2008, 12:16 am

Let me know! Trying to talk them into coming there is It doesnt get rained out.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 8:34 pm

Well, I did the dirty deed today and weaned mine. I hate it.. Sad LeRoy the paint colt by my stud is 4 months old today. He just stood there and acted like she was coming back. No stress at all. pray

The paly has been crying all day and wall banging. He will most likely loose his voice. He is 4.5 months old now.. They both came right up to the feeders tonight when I fed them and chowed down. icecream

Moms are making a mess of their big stalls outside but doing fine. Not much yelling by them. Crying or Very sad Tomorrow will be the fun part of getting the little guys out to the arena for play time when the barn is being cleaned.. Been there done this for many years. I still hate it and get stressed out over it.. I just tell them it's time to be big boys now.. riding ily I know I am just trying to convince myself.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 11:56 pm

Well Popeye is weaned early, 3 month 2 days, and doing very well. Moms
gone out of the barns now, and well, babies are babies, arent they. They will bet to play this weekend in the round pen togather, since they are next to each other in seperate stall. Just Hope Popeye takes it easy on Hope. Hes ROTTEN!

PS BLUEJAY, YOU EVIL WOMAN, TAKING A BABY AWAY FROM ITS MOMMA!
tongue Razz Suspect
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2008, 12:46 am

Just reading about weaning makes me think Wade might be kinda right. Load them up to take to their new homes and wean them then. Not likely gonna do it, but it's sounding better Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2008, 10:33 am

WE will see how they do going out in the arena today. Might take awhile to catch them.. riding They always come right up to us so I am hoping they will do that this morning.. pray
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2008, 10:50 pm

bounce Today went really well. They both led me to the arena and came right to me to lead me back.. Right in to their stalls and have settled down a bunch.. lol! These boys are so smart... study
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 11:36 am

reiningfan wrote:
Just reading about weaning makes me think Wade might be kinda right. Load them up to take to their new homes and wean them then. Not likely gonna do it, but it's sounding better Laughing

Me wouldnt buy one that way, way to much of a gamble. I wait till the weaning is over to pick up a foal Im buying.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 4:01 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
reiningfan wrote:

Me wouldnt buy one that way, way to much of a gamble. I wait till the weaning is over to pick up a foal Im buying.

quite true.. because weaning is very stressful... adding on a trailer ride and ending up at a new place can almost be too much stress for some...

lol y'all are weaning, and I still have 2 mares to foal! My first was born May 14th as well! Wish I could have the early ones... but our climate simply does not allow it.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 8:19 pm

Mine just turned a month old yesterday so I have awhile to wait. But I do dread when the time comes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WEANING TIME YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEANING TIME YUCK!   WEANING TIME YUCK! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WEANING TIME YUCK!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next