Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Total Money Makeover...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Total Money Makeover... Empty
PostSubject: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 11:15 pm

Oh BOY!
Garrett and I are getting serious!!!!!!
I want to be debt FREE - there are NO excuses!!!!

Craigslist here I come (our emergency fund got depleted when the clutch went out in the car)...I'm going to be selling 2 kid saddles, 1 roping saddle, Garrett's horse "Gunner" (he is really upset Sheila, but Gunner is happy and almost fat - we're going to do an interview with anyone that wants him also...just want him happy), Laura's horse "Mr. Darcy" (and he can go for $5k if I approve the home - yay! - not that I get the cash but I don't have to feed him), and my guitar (since I don't play anymore).....
Hopefully this will jumpstart us!

I plan to hit the ground running with an envelope budget in April!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 11:46 pm

Thats great! It will be nice to be debt free Smile I <3 craigslist lol, i'm on there everyday haha

Good luck! Let us know how it is going!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 11:50 pm

You ain't just a joking... I'm working my arse off right now... Trent keeps dipping into the emergency fund - has been his truck.

Hey, if a horse isn't making its own way, then so be it... I told Rick I'm loading up these yearlings at the end of the month and taking them to the sale, just no sense in it. Gonna grab my friend's yearlings, and that'll be that, for at least a while... if somebody doesn't start riding this danged gelding, he's going with, too. I have way too many responsibilities at this point, to get overwhelmed with horses and feeding...

Went to a senior parents meeting tonight... oh, good Lord, I've got to do the week of senior week, right before graduation, have the mud football and hamburgers and hot dogs... I haven't told Rick yet... HA!

And having to do a bake sale in a couple of weeks, and another about a month after that... not including Dillon's stuff for being a junior for the junior/senior prom... Trent's got college coming up, Dillon the year after, and I need to get Dillon a vehicle, Trent a college car with mega gas mileage... the list goes on forever... not to mention we need a new roof...

at some gosh-danged point, I'M BUYING ME A NEW BRA... now, dangit!!!! HA!

And oh, I forgot... I need tires on the dually.... ARGH!

So much for that emergency fund, huh!

But you can do it, Kidd, just whittle away a little bit at a time, and I tell ya, I've been so loving EBay lately - selling like crazy - clean those closets out, and Pasion4palos has made a mint on getting rid of horse stuff on there.... I haven't even started down there yet... HA!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2008, 12:17 am

I'm trying...

We have new tires on the truck and the car is good for a while... The car is paid for but the truck has debt.

Garrett came with debt...but we're going to get it paid down and as fast as possible! Cutting back is tough but we're going to pour ourselves into it!

MOST of our horse stuff is stuff we use regularly...the 3 saddles we are selling aren't used...everything else is for the race horses...

Going to clean stuff out...

UGH!!!
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2008, 11:00 am

If you can go through a DAve Ramsey class, do it. It's awesome and will help you change your life. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2008, 12:54 pm

how big are the kids saddles???? I need just a using kids saddle not in a huge hurry my guy is still tiny and wont be riding by himself any time soon and don't want a show saddle but something in good condition
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2008, 6:33 pm

I have one that was very lightly used by my little bros when they were 4-6 and then they lost interest...the saddle looks pretty much brand new except where it has lost the buckle to adjust stirup size (now - thanks to red-neck engineering it has baling wire - I plan to have that fixed if I don't sell it asap) - it isn't a "great" saddle - maybe $250 or so...not really even sure what it is worth? Its a Circle Y from about 18 years ago. It is tooled...dark leather.

The other is a youth saddle - 9-13ish age range - it is a Court saddle from about 15 years ago...

I like cleaning
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2008, 11:54 pm

Well, I tell ya, after cleaning all the closets, and getting ready for a garge sale, I've got all this mess piled up in my entry hall by the front door, which we never use...well, that and EBay stuff waiting for the money on stuff... I swear to you.... if my sister and mom don't get in the groove on getting their garage sale stuff ready, I'm fixing to go visit and start popping the whip!!!!! I'm having to walk over boxes here! ARGH!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 10:42 am

can you send me pics of the circle y 4-6 yr old age pretty please just pm or post here
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 12:42 pm

Lynn - sooooo sorry...a lady came this morning before I saw your post and bought all three of the saddles - Shocked

She is also interested in the 18yo gelding - woohoo!!! She and her daughter are coming out this week to try him...or so she says - I believe stuff like that when I see it...

It wasn't a great saddle...just so-so...you aren't missing anything!!!!!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 12:47 pm

WOW - congrats!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2008, 5:09 am

no worries I have time to find a saddle my little guy is pretty tiny (still waiting for the day he outgrows his 18 months clothes-but 3 big surgeries in 3 months kind of knocks the stuffing out of a person) the trick is going to be keeping him off the horses and out of the pens... he is such a dare devil affraid he was out feeding studly when I turned my back for a second the little turkey... the good thing is studly is probably one of the best mannered horses I have.... wish I had gotten a pic it was a priceless moment esp... when studly figured out it was only cat food lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Total Money Makeover...   Total Money Makeover... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Total Money Makeover...
Page 1 of 1