Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Girl In Town

Go down 
+3
OLF
Mare
SSFarm2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 1:00 pm

I was waiting to post this till I felt the little girl was going to make it.

She was born Mon morning but she was a border line dummy foal. She has had a hard start in this world, losts of needles so far, plus her mom has no milk, so I am the waitress, she has to eat every 2 hrs. out of a dog dish.

She is everything I would have ordered in a baby could that be. I have not measured her yet, but she is HUGE. I will try for some better pics later.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 2:05 pm

Oh my gosh she is a doll, I'm sorry to hear she had a ruff start. Glad to hear she's doing better. That really puts the pressure on you for feeding. Isnt there some way to bring in momma's milk? Is she still in with mom ? I know how hard it is to be up all hours of the night feeding. But she's gonna be worth every minute of it. Cant wait to see more pictures.
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 2:40 pm

We can give the mom drugs to bring in the milk but by that time the milk comes in the baby will be able to drink out of a bucket. The mom has no bag at all and the baby is doing very well drinking out of the bowl now.

I am leaving her in with the mom, she stands over her just like moms should. I truly thinks she understands and I think she somehow knows we are doing all we can for her baby, she is one of the best moms I have ever had. She just stands in the middle with us and watches.
Back to top Go down
OLF

OLF

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-02-12

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 6:06 pm

I luv this little girl.... she'll show the world when she wins this year's futurities! ITS A YELLOW GIRL - WITH TONS OF FLASH and A HEART OF GOLD... why wouldn't she!

Thoughts are certainly with you -
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 10:54 pm

Thank you, OLF I sure wish you would be one of the judges for the futurtities. Smile

She sure is a fighter, I have grown very attached to her already.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 12:46 pm

Aww, Poor little gal... I've had a borderline dummy foal before...they are a lot of work. Bless your heart for being her "waitress" as you so correctly stated it Very Happy

Where's the pics!?
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 6:14 pm

Oh, no.. bless her heart.. She is a doll! We will keep her in our thoughts. Have to love those golden girls! sunny
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 10:22 pm

aw..bless her little heart. congrats. please keep us posted
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2008, 12:07 am

Seems times are hard ... She is adorable. We had two orpans here that drank out of buckets and they were so cute.. We loved it. We also had plenty of folks around to hand out the milk.. bounce

Both those horses turned out really good.. I know of a woman who bought a goat and milked her for the foal. She turned out AWESOME other then the fact they let her get too spoiled.. No That milk was a great supply and really saved them some $$$... study Keep us posted... pray
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 10:20 am

How is she doing?? How about you???
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2008, 3:34 pm

Update..........

We are now 1 month old and doing good. I am drinking and eating from a bucket. My 2 legged mom is still bringing me my milk, but only around every 4 hrs. now.

I am keeping her busy with the feedings, not leaving her much time for other things.

lol! pray
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2008, 9:58 pm

AWE, you are a good mommy. And, believe it or not you will miss it when it's over.. lol! Not that you would want to do it again. Just that little whinny when she see's you coming.. I love you riding kitty ily
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2008, 3:38 pm

Do you think Your 2 legged Mom could take a picture of you???? Please!
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2008, 10:32 am

Here is Frankie, the cremello colt..........

New Girl In Town 000_0237-1
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2008, 10:33 am

Frankie is 3wks old here. I have to take new pics of my filly

New Girl In Town 000b0241-2
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2008, 2:39 pm

Growing like a weed! Hes going to be a darker Cremello Isnt he, You can see where his white markings stop and start..
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2008, 8:24 pm

What a handsome young man. cheering Nice head on him too. cheers

I just noticed tonight it looks like my paly colt may have snuk a white sock on the front leg scratch He is pretty light too. I was sure there was not one there.. lol! I may look at him tomorrow and not see it... lol!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2008, 10:25 am

Did you see in this months Journal where a Cremello mare Here in Kentucky has gotten her ROM In Halter, Am. and Open???
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2008, 10:09 pm

The color is finally standing where it belongs in the QH show pen.. cheering riding kitty
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2008, 10:46 am

Its nice to see the color up front and not at the back of the line, like it used to be. I used to get tired of looking at all the butts and I had a real nice mare, but yellow wasn't accepted in qh.
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2008, 10:54 am

lets see pics of the little girl!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2008, 9:08 pm

SS, The color is way ahead of the game.. I too was tired of looking at brown.. lol! The only paly show in Oregon is at the state fair in late August. I can tell you there is nother better then looking at a ring full of GOLD... cheering I was in hog heaven..

The ABRA shows around here have a lot of junk in them. Not that any horse could ever be junk. Just alot of back yard down home kind of people. They are a blast to be around. But, some of those horses are just not pretty.. And, there are many different colors. Not like the paly show where they are all gold.. coffee
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 2:20 pm

Oh my gosh he is a cutie, and his mane looks curly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Girl In Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl In Town   New Girl In Town Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Girl In Town
Page 1 of 1