Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

countdown!!!!

Go down 
+2
Mare
standbytrucker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 10:31 am

16 more days untill the first show of the season!!

hooray!
im going to freeze my butt off at the Virginia Horse Center, but i am super excited! we have two horses going to their first shows ever (sophie and sailor) and my gelding is FINALLY coming out of retirement to compete in youth classes! (my friends daughter is leasing him!)

so excited Smile

anyone else going soon?!!
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 2:15 pm

No but I'll be your cheerleader cheering Make sure you get lots of pictures. I'm sure you'll do great.
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 10:23 pm

okay thanks!

green horse to a big show. haha im not showing her, but it should be fun!
got three others going to show however!!! Smile
thanks for cheerleading! bounce
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2008, 9:49 pm

IM PACKING UP TOMMORROW AND SHOVING OFF!!
wish me luck!!

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2008, 11:56 pm

have fun!!!
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2008, 10:15 am

Good Luck!! cheering
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 12:09 pm

Well, were waiting for the news and more important the PICTURES! cheers
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 7:07 pm

ok well

lets see. sophie was a doll baby. she was around the show grounds like shes been there her whole life. got a little freaked out when the harris trailer doors blew open and slammed, but she just stepped on my foot. so no big deal.
my halter mares. eh they did okay. four 3rds and a 4th. they are no where near where they need to be so im not worried about that.
now my gelding.
hes been there done that. won everything under the sun WP horse.
he did well in trail this weekend.
however. was excused twice and THREW ME and tore my knee up in walkjog and wp.

ok. now i need your help. he was absolutely freaking out inside of the indoor we were showing in.
i mean terrified.
the first night i was there. he rode fine. the next day he was okay. then the girl who was leasing him rode him and he freaked out. she had to be excused from class.
then i was riding him in the mock pleasure class. freaked out again, spun around and dumped me.
so i got back on rode him some more, and then i felt him getting ready to explode so i rode him out of the pen so i wouldnt ruin any one elses class

what can i do to fix this?
hes been show in this indoor for YEARS. and im talking like 8 years!
i was so emabarrassed.
once again the talk of the show grounds about me and my crazy horse... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2008, 9:42 am

Dang girl, this isnt what I thought I was going to hear, Hummm

Get there early in the morning, Let him see everything, Get very relaxed before the show starts, I mean like have him in there a hour before the the halter classes / classes start. Dont ask anything of him. just tool around, rub on his withers, let him stretch his neck, be noisy, stand in the center and watch the world go by. See is you can find place you can rent with a indoor. Haul him there once a week, and do the same. When there, if you need to ace him, so he will relax. (not at the show) I mean if you can find a place to rent once or twice a week. He sure has a mental block going on doesnt he?
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2008, 4:53 pm

yeah if it wasnt 4 hours away i would take him!! i rode him the night before the show he was fine. then that morning he blew up. so i took him back in that night and he was okay again. then i took him again in the morning before the class and he started off fine. then he just got all tense and threw me!

affraid

darn horse. dosnt he know that hurts to put my butt 10 feet in the air?!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2008, 11:27 am

DANG, that sucks on the gelding.. HUM, since he is so seasoned might there be something else going on scratch Has he ever done this before? Most seasoned horses would not do something like this unless there was really something wrong.. And, he would not have done it all if this was his response to the ring. Maybe something in the enviroment there scratch study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2008, 4:52 pm

the last time we showed there..um in 02...before he was semi retired. kids jumped out at him from the seats and he fled and i fell and go a concusion.

so i feel like hes still remembering from the last time we were there.
he was just a wreck. i even walked him around several times, rode him, and walked him again...

i dont know what to do for him!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2008, 10:15 pm

I would try him in another arena and see how he goes. He could be just remembering his bad time or there is something else there that bothers him.. scratch study I would try another place and see how he goes.. This should never happen. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2008, 10:30 am

How about trying Mare Magic! I know of trainers that use it on geldings as well.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2008, 8:14 pm

I LOVE Mare Magic - it has worked WONDERS for our TB filly - truely - she gets 2 scoops on a race or work out day and she has come around marvelously! She gets 1 scoop on regular days...she is actually almost a pleasure to be around now...

I absolutely love the stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Sponsored content

countdown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: countdown!!!!   countdown!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

countdown!!!!
Page 1 of 1