Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new stall

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

new stall Empty
PostSubject: new stall   new stall Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 11:50 am

I finally got a chance to snap some pictures of my new stall. Our barn is far from our house and there is no electric or water out there so all this whole nasty winter I've been slopping through the mud, walking all the way out there packing buckets of water. We have a small pole barn right next to the house that my husband uses as his work shop. He cleared out the back part of it and put me up one 12x24 stall for now until Misty foals. Once she has foaled and moved back to the pasture, he will convert it to two 12x12 stalls. It's gonna be so nice having water and electricity in there.

http://flickr.com/photos/24096370@N05/2290881061/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24096370@N05/2290959777/
http://flickr.com/photos/24096370@N05/2290882571/

Excuse the dirty mare. She's been out in the mud...mud...and more mud...ewwww.

Last edited by denibun on February 25th 2008, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

new stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: new stall   new stall Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 12:06 pm

very nice.
Ive tried chatting up the hubby to make a holding area in my garden but so far no luck Crying or Very sad

Im in the same boat as you,have to travel to go see the horses. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

new stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: new stall   new stall Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 1:00 pm

NICE! She looks like she about ready to pop!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

new stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: new stall   new stall Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 1:28 pm

She does looks like it will be very soon. When is she due? The stall looks GREAT!!!! bounce cheers cheering Dancing

I cannot imagine having to go through all that to get to my horses.. We have everything close to the house and set up for easy care.. You will really enjoy the new stalls and easy access to take care of them.. coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
denibun

new stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: new stall   new stall Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 1:56 pm

She's due 3/20 (that's 340 days). Once she foals, I'm hoping to get her sold. Then, those two stalls will be for Nick and Cletus. THey can have their fans in the summer and in the winter, I don't have to walk through the mud to get to the barn.
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

new stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: new stall   new stall Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 3:35 pm

You brought back memories. I remember not having electric or water at our old place when we first moved in. We had to make sure everything was done before dark. Ewwww.

By the way your stall looks great. Lots of room for the mare. Best of luck with your mare.
Back to top Go down
denibun

new stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: new stall   new stall Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 3:41 pm

Blake and I built our barn after we bought our property. I grew up with horses, but it was a very different horse life. Our horses had a run in shelter. They were all fed together out in a pasture. We took care of them, but I never showed so I didn't know we'd be getting into horses that needed blankets and stalling and special feeds, etc. What we need now for the horses is totally different from what we needed then. Anyway, I'm glad Blake is a handy guy. He did it all in the mornings before work and on the weekends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: new stall   new stall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new stall
Page 1 of 1