Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not Entirely Sure...

Go down 
+3
AQHA/OLF
Lynn M.
Kate and Paint
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Not Entirely Sure... Empty
PostSubject: Not Entirely Sure...   Not Entirely Sure... Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2008, 9:06 pm

Ok so I heard something different the other day. This MAY or MAY NOT be a dumb question, so be aware lol! Anyway I heard one lady talking about her sorrel horse that has really large white socks. She said she uses baby powder on the stockings to give them a really white look. Does anyone else do this on their horses? Her horse is a halter horse and she said she does it before she goes into a competition. Anyway, Ive never heard of this before, so someone might think I live under a rock or something. Lol. But Im strictly barrel racer and open shows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Not Entirely Sure...   Not Entirely Sure... Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2008, 10:58 pm

it works so does corn starch as long as it doesn't get wet
Back to top Go down
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Not Entirely Sure...   Not Entirely Sure... Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2008, 10:37 am

Yup, baby powder or corn starch is an old white trick. Popular in the show ring, also hides "too close" clipper marks on the legs .... Cool
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Not Entirely Sure...   Not Entirely Sure... Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2008, 10:39 am

baby powder works wonders and it makes them smell nice.
we also use white chalk they make just for that reason!!
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Not Entirely Sure...   Not Entirely Sure... Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2008, 6:04 pm

When I was showing, I haven't been able to in a while because we don't have a trailer, but I'd put baby powerd on Slim, to give him a more of a cleaner, whiter look.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Not Entirely Sure...   Not Entirely Sure... Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 7:12 pm

Yeah, Baby powder, corn starch or French chalk. The chalk is made especially for whitening up markings. Also comes in other colors. I like the chalk the best. If you are gonna use baby powder, keep a damp rag or sponge to clean up any you get on darker hair. And try not to get any on your clothes.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Not Entirely Sure...   Not Entirely Sure... Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 10:37 pm

Baby powder, corn starch, white chalk and the white rail road chalk work great.. Also there is spray on in different colors that is really wonderful to use. When you show a horse with white on it (I do this alot) you need to really make the white bright and stand out.. It needs to look clean.. albino
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Not Entirely Sure...   Not Entirely Sure... Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 1:34 pm

I use the spray on Freckles. People came up and asked me how I got my daughter's horse so clean. It sure makes the white pop. I polish feet after I spray.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Entirely Sure...   Not Entirely Sure... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not Entirely Sure...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Show Talk-
Jump to: