Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BAY HORSES, what colors..

Go down 
+2
denibun
Triple J Quarter Horses
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

BAY HORSES, what colors.. Empty
PostSubject: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2007, 2:13 pm

Never have shown a bay, Im looking to purchase a new pad.. What colors. I have
Black with tooled leather
Tan with Tooled leather
Tan, Rust, and black pad.

I dont do bright colors.. Im to reserved for that.. or chicken, or think thats for younger folks.. Heck, I never would do bright colors.. What am I saying.
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2007, 4:13 pm

I know you don't like black colors, but I think a royal blue looks gorgeous with a bay.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2007, 4:18 pm

I don't think you need a new pad, if the ones you have are in good shape. Black goes with everything, and rust looks good with a bay too. I would wait and see what show outfits you might get and then decide if you want a pad to match.

Maybe the Hobby Horse color wheel will help?
http://www.hobbyhorseinc.com/07_dress_for_success/winning_colors/index.shtml
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2007, 4:37 pm

I didn't even see that you were looking for a pad. I think the black pad with a bay looks awesome. I think some royal blue in your outfit would add some color.

denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2007, 12:59 pm

Im buying my pad first, because Im Making my show cloths. So, Im sort of lucky that way. I take the pad with me and match the fabric. I love black, just didnt know if I needed something else. I thought about trying to find Material the same color as her body color for showmenship. (Id take some hair with me) What do you think?
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2007, 3:46 pm

I think that color would look good with her for SMS. Will you be showing her starting in the spring? I can't wait to see her.

denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2007, 4:14 pm

You tell Racheal and Oscar to take it easy on me... We're Rookies! affraid
At least We hope to make some open shows.
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2007, 4:44 pm

I wear hunter green on my bay!

ETA: are you using Suitability patterns? I bought one and fabric but it seems so daunting lol!
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2007, 6:28 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:

What your horse doesn't know, you'll make up for with your experience and what Rachel doesn't know, hopefully, Cletus will make up for. Who's Oscar?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2007, 2:05 pm

Cletus Opps Embarassed , werent you looking at a Oscar?? Did you get pictures last night?
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2007, 2:53 pm

SuperLope wrote:
I wear hunter green on my bay!

ETA: are you using Suitability patterns? I bought one and fabric but it seems so daunting lol!

Ive, used them before and am going on line to check them out.
I made a wedding dress over the summer, like in 2 weeks so Suitalbilty is a breeze! Have mercy, White material, pink beading, pink crystals, and pearls to boot! Then there was the veil to match! Of corse, the pillow, garder belt, and bag. Decorate the Shoes. and Ta da.. it went out the door and I was thrilled. I like it when she said, Oh, Im trying to lose weight... I said, NO YOUR NOT! Hee hee..
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2007, 2:57 pm

denibun wrote:
Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:

What your horse doesn't know, you'll make up for with your experience and what Rachel doesn't know, hopefully, Cletus will make up for. Who's Oscar?? Laughing

I want to do some opens shows with her for experience before the aqha Shows. We will see. I want her worked with a war bridle, we will see. Shes doing good on set ups, 90 are good, trot offs ok, not setting down like I would like. But heck, its only been 30 days.
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2007, 1:08 pm

okay! I know who to ask questions when I sew the fabric into a knot!!!

lol my mom is a great sewer but she is intimidated by show clothes -- I'll hold her hand and tell her to do it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2007, 3:09 pm

I think any color goes good with bay. You can match up your pad to your outfit. Mahogany Bay is my favorite color.. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2007, 12:15 pm

I dont know what color of bay she is.. Her body color is sort of Brown, No red really in her hair coat. I keep meaning to get a more recent photo of her, Hope to do so next visit. I think, Ill try matching a 0utfit close to her body color and accent with black, and Crystals.. What ya think? Like I said, Im not a splashy person, In fact a Im more of a shadow person, Not the stand out in the croud type!

I love to do the details. That is my thing. Love the hand sewing part.

Mahogany Bay , that is my favorite in the bay world, But she isn't.. Oh well, I went for movement before I went for color. Couldn't find a decent yellow mover in my price range.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2007, 2:12 pm

I know you don't like flashy, so here's what I would do. A brown lapel-type suit, in a FABULOUS material, maybe a silk dupioni. With an orange shirt. Brown hat and boots. Put some brown crystals on the jacket if you want more flash. Suzannah Fromm wore this same color outfit with her bay mare Kahuna Lady in Perf Halter at the Congress and World, and it looked stunning.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2007, 4:52 pm

Sounds Great! Orange, Hummm. Ill have to think orange over.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2007, 6:02 pm

I do not care much for the orange either.. A nice shinny gold would be pretty. I think the best looking out fit I have seen on anyone riding a bay was the black pad, hat, pants and chaps. Then she had on a blouse that was brown with shinny gold zebra type strips on it. Or, it could have been like a tiger print. It was really pretty and she looked stunning. The animal prints (other then black and white zebra) look really nice and are very popular.. The people around here do not wear jackets in the western pleasure classes. Some do wear a vest or those blouses that are all one piece. She won the class by the way. You could tell when she came in the ring she was going to win. She did stand out (not flashy or too bright) and looked very classy and eligant. Really caught your eye. sunny queen Most important is you need to feel good with it and confident.

I do have a friend who wears a really pretty orange and cream colored outfit when she shows halter. She has long blond hair and the outfit is really stricking on her. Any color will go with black. You can just wear what ever color looks best on you.. Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2007, 6:44 pm

LOL, never mind Kay I was thinking you were looking for a showmanship outfit!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2007, 12:30 pm

RoanRider420 wrote:
LOL, never mind Kay I was thinking you were looking for a showmanship outfit!

Well Yes, Gosh Its been awhile. Dont know about that Squatty Trot they are doing? No Geez... Halter, well since Id be doint all around, well Ill wear what I wear for showmanship. Not doing the changing game unless its not on the same day. After Christmas, Im hitting the material shops carring blankets in hand.. geek

Then I am making the rail outfit to match as well. Ill, just go with the same colors. That way, Im not confussed! That is the key word here
cOrN-fUsSeD! affraid
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2007, 5:57 pm

I like hunter green on bays, but then again, it's my favorite color and I use it on all my horses. I like the idea of the brown. It's not flashy, and can be soo elegant. Can't wait to see what you end up with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAY HORSES, what colors..   BAY HORSES, what colors.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAY HORSES, what colors..
Page 1 of 1