Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

bit or bosal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

bit or bosal Empty
PostSubject: bit or bosal   bit or bosal Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2007, 2:59 pm

What do you have your horses started in? I've used both, but I know different disiplines have their own preferences.
Brennen will be using a snaffle on the yearling he's starting, but the one I'm planning on having as my saddle horse for the next few years (I usually ride mares, it'll be nice not to pack a baby around) will be started in a bosal cause he has a bit of an overbite. His back teeth line up, so that's not a big worry, but I haven't started one in a bosal for a lot of years.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

bit or bosal Empty
PostSubject: Re: bit or bosal   bit or bosal Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2007, 3:03 pm

We start all of our in a bit. The only time I ride Janie in a bosal is at shows.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

bit or bosal Empty
PostSubject: Re: bit or bosal   bit or bosal Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2007, 4:09 pm

You could have a dentist do a bit seed for you, that helps out alot. Love the Bosal! Show in it, Ride my aged horses trail riding in them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bit or bosal Empty
PostSubject: Re: bit or bosal   bit or bosal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bit or bosal
Page 1 of 1