Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I guess I must ask this...

Go down 
+2
RoanRider420
Merikle Waters
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

I guess I must ask this... Empty
PostSubject: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2007, 4:21 pm

This past friday, we put Krissy down. Hardest Thing I've ever had to do, but it was in her best interest.

My question is here... Do I have to contact AQHA to advise them? Do I have to send away her papers? Same goes for NFQHA... must I advise them?

I would like to frame both papers... so dont really want to send them away, but I figured I have to let the registries know of her death. Can I do this over the phone or?
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2007, 5:28 pm

Send them in and request they send them back to you. They will mark them "deceased" and send them back.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2007, 9:24 pm

Totally up to you.. They do put a big red stamp accross the front and send them back.. Depends on what you want them to look like when you display them.. scratch If you want them to know and not stamp the papers you can call them. Crying or Very sad

I am sorry you had to do that. I know that it's the best thing for some. Does not make it any easier though.. You made the right choice if she was suffering for sure.. A horse was born free and to suffer and not be able to get around is not a good thing for their sole.. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2007, 11:14 pm

can you take them somewhere and have a really nice quality digital copy made on good quality paper then frame that? according to the rule book you don't really have the option of sending them in I think it is a must... I too had too put down a great mare just this past friday- she was wonderful but you don't let a good mare suffer you do the right thing. Suzie was straight off the King Ranch and let me tell you she will never be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2007, 10:47 am

thanks for the info.

Is that just AQHA? And what if you dont send them in? What about NFQHA?
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2007, 11:46 am

AQHA can suspend your membership. I don't know that they would, but that is what the rule book says and the Journal list of suspended people always has some that the reason is "failure to return papers". I don't know about NFQHA because I'm not a member.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2007, 9:13 pm

K thank you.

Anyone know about NFQHA?
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2007, 9:14 am

How old was the mare? I know AQHA marks them deceased in the computer at 25 if they've had no activity on them. When we bought Nick, he was deceased according to AQHA. We had to take pictures and send them in to prove that it was him.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2007, 2:49 pm

oh ok.... she was only 12.

But I honestly would like to keep the originals and frame them... Dont really want a big red "deceased" stamp on it.

I just need to know about NFQHA now too...
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2007, 12:51 am

Unless someone wants to tattle on you just keep your papers and let it ride.. I did not send mine in after my weanling colt died until I had business with them. And they put that big red stamp on them and sent them back.. Sad

Now what the heck do you do with that? scratch Look at it now and then to remind you how terrible it was? Crying or Very sad Not like I could use the name again... No Thousands of hores never have anything go on with them. Build your little shrine and keep them.. pray
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2007, 9:52 am

I am with Bluejay on this. I am sure not every horse owner calls the breed registry or sends in papers to let them know if a horse has passed. Many people never even transfer a horse into their name either according to the ApHC. I would just keep it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2007, 2:07 am

Rowdy, Anne & Rose wrote:
I am with Bluejay on this. I am sure not every horse owner calls the breed registry or sends in papers to let them know if a horse has passed. Many people never even transfer a horse into their name either according to the ApHC. I would just keep it! Very Happy

Oh I believe it... I just got APHA Plus, And A filly out of this mare is still in my name Rolling Eyes ... "Gonna show her!" mhmm.... Kinda hard for you to show her when she's in my name eh? Same with some other foals of mine. Oh well!

I talked with AQHA the other day... LOL as a "Hypothetical situation" of course!, they said you can request it be stamped on the back... but I think I may just do as you guys say, I've notified FQHA... They said I could just email them or mail them and thats enough... Odd to me? but works. That way I get to keep her papers along with her 2 halters and horseshoes... Ill have to take a picture of my "memory lane" of her when Im finished. Am even engraving a head stone for her...

I'm just glad she's in a better place, as hard as it was for me, it was harder for her to live like that. As my 85 year old horseman grandfather said the day of "You did her a good deed"... I did, and know the right choice was made. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess I must ask this...   I guess I must ask this... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I guess I must ask this...
Page 1 of 1