Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Refridgerator Hcp.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Refridgerator Hcp. Empty
PostSubject: Refridgerator Hcp.   Refridgerator Hcp. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 7:31 pm

To be run on Saturday October 6

10th (10:47)

Refrigerator H.

440 Yards | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $100,000

Prg. # PP Horse Jockey Trainer Wt. Claim $ Equip. Med. ML
1 5 Sm Country Cowboy Carter G R Jr Mullins Sparky J 125 L 7-5
1A 8 Country Chicks Man Carter G R Jr Mullins Sparky J 126 L 7-5
2 1 This Candys Red Hot Baldillez A Jr Gilbreath C Dwayne 123 L 12-1
3 2 Fast Talkin Val Vazquez J L Taylor Heath 123 L 12-1
4 3 Gray Invasion Puga A Touchet Robert J 123 L 12-1
5 4 Bullions N Garters Brooks R D Gubas James M 124 L 9-2
6 6 Sizzling Carrillo A Q Harris Russell M 123 L 12-1
7 7 Mr Chivato to You Leggett T W Mourning Donald L 123 L 10-1
8 9 Ride With the King Torres Abdel Villarreal Alex 124 L 8-1
9 10 Wrs Special Shoe Wilson R R Hunt Charlton 124 L 6-1
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Refridgerator Hcp. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refridgerator Hcp.   Refridgerator Hcp. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 7:43 pm

I'm gonna go crazy with

Bullions N Garters
Ride With The King
Fast Talkin Val

I don't understand why CCM didn't stay out in California confused
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Refridgerator Hcp. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refridgerator Hcp.   Refridgerator Hcp. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 8:05 pm

I like your picks Justin!

C'mon Bullions N Garters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers

It will be very interesting with CCM having hauled as much as he has!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Refridgerator Hcp. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refridgerator Hcp.   Refridgerator Hcp. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 10:13 pm

COURTESY OF LONE STAR PARK NEWSLETTER

BROTHERS COUNTRY CHICKS MAN, SM COUNTRY COWBOY
HEADLINE SATURDAY'S GRADE 1 REFRIGERATOR HANDICAP

GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas (Wednesday, Oct, 3, 2007) - The coupled entry of half-brothers Country Chicks Man and SM Country Cowboy - both bred, owned and trained by Sparky Mullins of Wagoner, Okla. - was made the 7-5 morning line favorite in a competitive field of 10 older Quarter Horses for Saturday's Grade 1, $100,000 Refrigerator Handicap at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.

The winner of the 440-yard classic will not only earn a $55,000 check, but a coveted invitation to compete in the $1 million Champion of Champions at Los Alamitos in Cypress, Calif. on Dec. 15.

"Right now, we're planning to run both of them," Mullins said of his star horses, both products of the sensational broodmare Country Zevi (nine of her 10 foals since 1994 have won races). "We'll see how they come along between now and Saturday night."

Country Chicks Man, a 6-year-old son of Chicks Beduino who'll break from post No. 8, is the defending Refrigerator champ and wowed onlookers in last year's renewal with a dominant 1 ½-length triumph over ??This Snow Is Royal ?? in :21.513 - one of the most visually impressive performances in Lone Star Park history. As a result, he was named the 2006 Horse of the Meeting and honored as the AQHA Champion Aged Stallion.

He began his 2007 campaign with back-to-back stakes wins at Remington Park, including a 1 ¼-length score in the $153,500 Remington Park Invitational Championship. Just three weeks ago, Country Chicks Man ventured to California for the Grade 1 Go Man Go Handicap, but finished seventh of 10.

"We're hoping Country Chicks Man can bounce back from his trip to California," Mullins said. "He just didn't care for the racetrack out there; it's just too hard for his feet."

SM Country Cowboy, meanwhile, has been earmarked for the Saturday's race since June. In May, the 4-year-old Dashing Val gelding triumphed in the Grade 1, $101,700 Bank of America Oklahoma Challenge Championship by a half-length over Valdasher while clocking 440 yards in :21.492. In his next start, he finished second to his older brother in the Remington Park Invitational Championship, but was disqualified to ninth for interference.

"I really think SM Country Cowboy is a rising star and might be faster than Country Chicks Man," Mullins said. "But 'The Cowboy' has to learn to leave the [starting] gate better if he wants to be that good. I don't think there's a faster horse out of the gate in this country than Country Chicks Man."

G.R. Carter Jr., the six-time AQHA Champion Jockey is named on both horses, but Mullins said he'd pilot Country Chicks Man. "I'm still shopping for another rider for 'The Cowboy' because my back-up was Stormy Smith and he recently fractured his collarbone."

Also entered in the race is six-time graded stakes-winning mare Bullions N Garters; five-time graded stakes winner WRS Special Shoe; and Grade 1 Texas Challenge Championship winner Ride With the King.

Here's the complete Refrigerator field from the rail out (with jockeys, trainer, assigned weight and morning line odds): This Candys Red Hot (Alex Baldillez Jr., "Sleepy" Gilbreath, 123, 12-1); Fast Talkin Val (Juan Vazquez, Heath Taylor, 123, 12-1); Gray Invasion (Arturo Puga, Robert Touchet, 123, 12-1); Bullions N Garters (Roy Brooks, Jim Gubas, 124, 9-2); SM Country Cowboy (G.R. Carter Jr., Sparky Mullins, 125, 7-5); Sizzling (Arturo Carrillo, Russell Harris, 123, 12-1); Mr Chivato to You (Tad Leggett, Don Mourning, 123, 10-1); Country Chicks Man (Carter, Mullins, 126, 7-5); Ride With the King (Abdel Torres, Alex Villarreal, 124, 8-1); and WRS Special Shoe (Randy Wilson, Charley Hunt, 124, 6-1).

Toastin Dash, a winner of six in a row including the Grade 2 Sam Houston Classic was not entered.

The Refrigerator will run as Race 10 on Saturday at approximately 10:47 p.m. CT. The first of 11 live races is 6:35 p.m. CT.
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Refridgerator Hcp. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refridgerator Hcp.   Refridgerator Hcp. Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 12:29 am

Since CCM "didn't care for the racetrack out there", I wonder if he's gonna
take him back for the Champion of Champions.
Back to top Go down
Mr Carrerista

Mr Carrerista

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Refridgerator Hcp. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refridgerator Hcp.   Refridgerator Hcp. Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 12:54 am

I agree with you Justin! I have no idea why they brought CCM back. If i was sparky I'd leave'm there till the champion of champions. At least let'm get used to the change, I'm sure he would of in another out or two. Last year he ran great in the C-of-C.

1.Ride With the King(he loves the distance)GO JAVIER!!!
2.Sm Country Cowboy
3.Bullions N Garters
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Refridgerator Hcp. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refridgerator Hcp.   Refridgerator Hcp. Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 11:54 pm

Ya and hauling a horse with bad feet is the worst thing you can do to them. I
don't know, if he wins, hes just a great horse. If not you can't blame him.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Refridgerator Hcp. Empty
PostSubject: Mr Chivato to You Wins Grade 1, $100,000 Refrigerator Hcp.   Refridgerator Hcp. Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2007, 10:11 pm

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM

Mr Chivato to You Wins Grade 1, $100,000 Refrigerator Handicap

GRAND PRAIRIE, TX—OCTOBER 6, 2007—Mr Chivato To You broke alertly from the starting gate and held off a late charge by 9-5 favorite Bullions N Garters to win Saturday’s Grade 1, $100,000 Refrigerator Handicap at Lone Star Park by a neck.
The 5-year-old Dash To Chivato gelding, owned and bred by Sylvia and John Crain and trained by Don Mourning, ran 440 yards in :22.157 under Tad Leggett. He paid $20.60 to win.

“He left excellent and ran a big race,” Leggett said.

Mr Chivato To You won for the 14th time in 31 career starts. The $59,000 winner’s share of the purse jumped his earnings to $476,199. In addition to the first prize, the Arkansas-bred earned an invitation to compete in the Grade 1, $1 million Champion of Champions at Los Alamitos in 10 weeks on Saturday, Dec. 15.

Bullions N Garters, a 6-year-old Bully Bullion mare, earned $17,000 for second while Wrs Special Shoe, by First Down Laveaux was third.

Earlier Saturday, Texas-bred Just Blink scored a mild upset in the $17,500 Red River Handicap. The 4-year-old Invisible Injun gelding ran 870 yards in :46.479 under jockey Roy Baldillez and beat Blue Ribbon Dash by two lengths. First to Ramble, the 2-5 favorite who had won six consecutive races, appeared to hesitate at the start and finished fifth of six. Just Blink, owned by Bobby Cox and trainer John Buchanan, paid $15.40 to win and improved his record to five wins and $47,319 in 13 starts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Refridgerator Hcp. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refridgerator Hcp.   Refridgerator Hcp. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refridgerator Hcp.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: