Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Colds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Colds Empty
PostSubject: Colds   Colds Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 2:07 am

Is anyone else from a boarding stable battling the colds yet? We have had alot of horses come down hard with it this past week.

My little colt had it for the second time, this one being the worst. The vet said that I caught it in time. THere was some fluid on the lungs, but he said it could have gone to pneumonia pretty fast since hes a baby.

Emmas&Slim09 is battling it out with her 2 horses. Her gelding was even worse than mine.

The problem is that not everyone takes care of their horses like me and her do, so it just keeps spreading. We medicate monitor and fret about them, only to have it come back to them cause of other owners who dont treat their horses.

It doesnt help either that the people who dont know any better, pet and love on an infected horse, then carry it back to a horse that hasnt been hit with it yet. Then it starts all over again.

Sorry for the gripe.
Back to top Go down
jools

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Colds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colds   Colds Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 5:05 am

Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven Hey Guys you both hang in Dancing This sounds AWFUL No Suspect We are obviously lucky this side of the pond albino It is only US that gets colds cyclops NEVER had my guys go down with one pale

Good Luck alien hope your guys get well soon.... flower
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Colds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colds   Colds Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 9:22 am

Sorry to hear about that, Bucks. That's one bad thing, once it starts in a barn, it spreads like wildfire...When we build our show barn, we've got one stall that's on the side of the wash rack and the feed room, kind of an isolation stall or a stud stall, whichever...

I sure hope your guys feel a lot better, though... bummer!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Colds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colds   Colds Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 6:10 pm

I am sorry. I know how you feel.. Crying or Very sad I do not share barn space with others.. Mine is private..No I do worry when someone is not feeling well.. My animals are my kids.. I treat them better then myself.. tongue

I hope yours feel better soon.. Keep us posted... study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Colds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colds   Colds Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 6:34 pm

I know how you feel. There is a lady at our barn that does absolutely nothing with or to her horse. It makes me sooooo mad!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Sponsored content

Colds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colds   Colds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: