Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saddle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Saddle   Saddle Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2007, 9:55 pm

Soooo - I'm having a new saddle built - gotta love waiting 6-8 months for something! Been waiting to have it made since I turned 16 so I guess another 6-8months isn't TOO bad cheers

Anyway - I'm trying to figure out if I forgot anything...
-15" ground seat
-low cantle
-moderate swells
-3" horn
-tree is wooden (reinforced - it is awesome!)
-semi-square skirts
-dropped rigging
-sanded roughout seat and fenders
-2" Laminated wood stirrups (just like Nettles except Nettles is really expensive AND they let their patent expire Razz so I have Nettles on my cutting saddle but a different brand on this saddle)
-Tooling is everywhere but seat and fenders - looks almost like a flower, saddle maker has never personally used it on a saddle and I've never seen it, stamp is from 1862
-Conchos are browned with brass and silver (very small little single flower)
-NO padding in the seat!
-Length of stirrups is NUMBERED AND about 1/2 inch apart

I wanted a saddle I could do ANYTHING in - I should be able to do just about anything in this from rope to break babies to all sorts of other stuff, just a "USING" saddle...
sooo - what did I forget?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saddle   Saddle Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2007, 10:52 pm

Long time to wait.. But, if you order something special then it is worth the wait.. cheering
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saddle   Saddle Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2007, 8:28 am

When he orders the tree, if you're where you can actually see it and sit in it - I'd do so!

Uh, make sure you can pick it up and throw it over the horse. I know any saddles that Rick has made, Lordy, they're heavy!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saddle   Saddle Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2007, 8:29 am

When he orders the tree, if you're where you can actually see it and sit in it - I'd do so!

Uh, make sure you can pick it up and throw it over the horse. I know any saddles that Rick has made, Lordy, they're heavy!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saddle   Saddle Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2007, 10:36 am

Yeah - I'll go sit it when it comes in just to make sure! It will be a little while before it comes in though.

He was very understanding when I told him that I wanted to be able to throw it up on a 16 hand horse if I needed to and I wasn't going to get ANY taller and probably not much stronger - he laughed and said he would try to keep the weight down - the other saddles in there weren't bad at all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saddle   Saddle Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 2:59 pm

Lucky you. I'm soo jealous. I've wanted a custon saddle for ages. Now that I have kids, it'll be a long wait till I can actually get one. Doesn't sound like you forgot anything. A friend of ours got a saddle made. Guy did all sorts of measurments on him, but still managed to make nice long fenders for a short little guy. He was on the shortest hole and still looking a little long for his legs. He ended up taking it back for the guy to fix. But otherwise he loves it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saddle   Saddle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saddle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: