Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-02-08

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2007, 9:06 pm

Haha, creepy, huh?

I made the move up to Amarillo for college, and got a new computer (yay!) but lost all my website favorites (boo!) and thus have been out of comission for awhile.

Rudy made the 13 hour haul very well, albeit a bit grumpy. We stopped overnight in Wichita Falls, at a place called Cruse Acres. If anyone ever needs an overnight place, I strongly recommend Sam Cruse's. We pull in at ONE AM and Mr. Cruse meets us, has a nice paddock waiting for the horse with fresh water and coastal hay. He then checked on Rudy several times during the night, and had put fresh shavings in my trailer the next morning. All that service for $25!

Anyways, Rudy now has a lovely box stall with a run, and he's certainly enjoying pooping all over it. It's mostly self care ( I feed in the pm, do his stall, hay, shavings) and my horse cannot poop outside. Oh no, he has to poop inside so I can clean it up. One of these days I'm gonna lock him outside Twisted Evil

College is going well too. I'm taking a horsemanship class which sounded very boring (day one: how to safely catch and halter a horse) but my prof said I can bring Rudy. So now he'll have a once weekly field trip. I'm bringing the chestnut pony home during Thanksgiving, and leaving him there through January. I have a friend who's just starting to show (with an OTT appendix, no less) and depending on how it goes, I might leave Rudy home for her to show this spring. It'd be a nice way for her to get used to showing before having to get her Appendix used to the show scene.

We did a Tim Kimura trail clinic yesterday which was so much fun. Learned tons, and have lots to work on too. I'm trying my hardest to mix things up so Rudy doesn't get bored. I think we get in ruts doing rail work every day. I talked to the nice folks at Orin Barnes Training Center (I believe he's an AQHA pro horseman?) and we'll start taking some lessons there. I *really* want to start him on lead changes!

My mom approved my "show calendar" for this winter/next spring. Yippee! I'm doing the Britannia Farms QH show in Katy, Dec. 14-16, and Cindy's doing it with me. She just hasn't been informed yet Cool
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2007, 9:51 pm

GOOD JOB, sounds like life is moving forward as it should.. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2007, 11:52 pm

Ha ha ha! Sounds like I have a horse show in Dec on my calendar I "forgot about"! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 1:07 pm

Aww you and Rudy are part of the college population! Im from Texas, and should know the answer to this question. But what school is in Amarillo? Is it Tarleton State?

Is your horsemanship class a beginners class? Either way, at least you have horsey classes while your there.

Sounds like your off on a good start!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 1:55 pm

Thanks everyone!

B&B, I'm at West Texas A&M University, which is actually in Canyon. But Canyon's like 15 mi. from Amarillo, and that's the city most people have heard of! It's a fairly small school but so far I'm really liking it. I joined the Horseman's Association, and found out in Nov. we're field-trippin' up to the World Show! Yay!

Tarleton is in Stephenville; I have a friend there who's pre-vet.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 3:18 pm

OHHH...OK. Oops. What are you going for? Vet?
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2007, 6:43 pm

I have an uncle who is a prof up in Canyon! Hehe - he is in engineering though so I think you're safe!!!!!

I am planning on going up that direction at the end of November to look at Stallions over at the 6666s...ahhhhh beauty!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2007, 6:51 pm

SWEEEEEET! cheers Can't ask for a better field trip than that! Do you get credit for it! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
LovingLoping

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 12:24 am

Actually, I'm an Equine Industry & Business major. I'll probabaly end up switching over to Ag Journalism eventually though.

And hey, I'll keep that in mind Kidd! So far the most useful info is that my favorite ag teacher/second dad in high school has a brother in law who's the sherriff in Amarillo. Useful!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 6:42 pm

Well - my uncle can be terrible if you have him as a prof (he makes people cry and I think he enjoys it)...he is really great as a person though and time has made him more mellow!!!

BUT - my cousin is in Lubbock and goes to Canyon all the time and he is AWESOME!!!! I love him to death!!!! He can get you out of any trouble you were to get into - from helping with a horse, fixing a car, anything!!! I'll have to send you his info...
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2007, 12:03 am

Thanks, it's nice to have people to rely on. I pride myself on being pretty self-sufficient, but if I got a flat tire...I sure couldn't fix it myself, haha!

I had a near panic attack about a week after I got here. Rudy was acting really odd...just, strange. But I called my barn owner from home (we're pretty close) and she talked me through symptoms. Turns out he was just a bit gassy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2007, 12:08 am

Ugh - its always rough when they're in new places...

I'm pretty self sufficient too - BUT I sure as heck like having my roadside assistance on speed dial (and not being scared of them when they show up)...

I'll send you a PM with his info and all that jazz...just in case...never hurts!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!   I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm baaaaaaaaaack!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: