Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Meet Chipper

Go down 
+5
Kate and Paint
REINING CHICK
Cindy
Triple J Quarter Horses
denibun
9 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2007, 9:21 am

I think we found Rachel's new pleasure horse. She is only 4 but is very very quiet. She is a granddaughter of Zips Chocolate Chip on top and a granddaughter of The Big Investment on bottom. She was shown as a 2 and 3 yr old in 4h/open shows. She was unshown this year due to her owner going to college. She is very fat right now and out of shape. She is not finished but I'm getting her for $2500 so I can afford to send her to the trainer for 30-60 days in the spring.

Rachel rode her the other day. She's only had a handful of rides this year. We pulled her out of the field and rode her. She walked, jogged, loped, picked up her leads well, has a great whoa, very soft and responsive, backs great, and did well on showmanship. We're picking her up tomorrow night and keeping her for a week and a half trial. We're taking her to an open show on Sept 9th to see how it goes.

Denise
Meet Chipper Chipper3
Meet Chipper Chipper2
Meet Chipper Chipper
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2007, 9:36 am

Ah Ha A Member of the Bay Club. Guess I m on that band wagon to! Me being the one that said, " Bays Arent my Thing" Oh, Well! Rolling Eyes
She is Cute, Looks like a Keeper to me! cheers
Back to top Go down
denibun

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2007, 9:41 am

Thanks. I haven't had a bay since Reesie died. We'll see how it goes, but I am really excited about her.

denise
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2007, 1:46 pm

Oh! I like her! CONGRATS! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
denibun

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2007, 2:05 pm

Thanks. I'm really, really excited.

denise
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2007, 2:37 pm

Shes really cute! i hope she works out for you pray
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2007, 4:43 pm

SHe is gorgeous. Looks pretty good too. Good luck with her hope the show goes well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2007, 5:07 pm

real eye catcher I love the bays probably one of my fav colors she looks super sweet!
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2007, 6:46 pm

She's darling!!! Looks nice and level-headed for a youngster. I know you are partial to the aged, but maybe she will change your mind! That sounds like a real bargain price. I can't wait to hear how she does in the show! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2007, 7:59 pm

I think she looks very good. Did you fall for her right after the first lope? I like her! Good luck at the show and hope all goes well for yall!
Back to top Go down
denibun

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2007, 9:44 am

Well, I went to look at her and I told the girl that has her, "We'll come look at her, but I'm pretty sure she's not what we're looking for." We got there and got her out of the field. I looked at her and thought, "nothing extraordinary" She is very out of shape right now. The pictures of her were last year. This year, she's just been out on pasture and she's probably a good 250-300 lbs over that weight now. Then, Rachel rode her and she was so good. For an unfinished horse that hadn't been ridden this year, I was very impressed. She did everything Rachel asked. She was slow and her headset was great. As a matter of fact, I asked RAchel to pick her head up a little bit once because I thought her nose was going to be in the dirt.

We pick her up today. We'll have a chance to ride her over the weekend. We have an appointment with the trainer to evaluate her next Wednesday and see what she thiniks. Then, we'll let her show the following Sunday. The plan is to ride as much as possible over the next week and a half...gonna bathe her, clip her, everything we can just to see how it goes. I'm really excited about her and I hope it goes well.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 3:06 pm

thats awesome! She looks like a real nice mare, very pretty!

I wish you guys good luck with her
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meet Chipper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Chipper   Meet Chipper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet Chipper
Page 1 of 1