Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'll be out of comission for a while :-\

Go down 
+2
Lynn M.
All Hot Chocolate
6 posters
AuthorMessage
All Hot Chocolate

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-02-26

I'll be out of comission for a while :-\ Empty
PostSubject: I'll be out of comission for a while :-   I'll be out of comission for a while :-\ Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2007, 8:22 pm

so i was over at my neighbors house today, just talking to her. her husband was mowing the grass. so all of a sudden, her gelding pulls back (he was tied to a board in his stall), breaks the board and starts running throuhg his pasture. so we run in there, and try to stop him. so, i try to get in front of him to stop him, but i see he isnt' going to stop. so i move over, but the board is still being drug behind him. so, the board flys out, and thrashes into my knees. so, i have 5 really bad cuts on my thighs, a pulled muscle, a stretched ligament, and really bad bruises. and, i'm overdosed on motrin, lol. soo.. parker gets a big vacation. i can't ride for a week, and even though i'm bandaged up really well i'm not *supposed* to go to the barn b/c of high risk of all that dirt getting into my cuts, and getting an infection. sooo.. if ya'll would just keep me in your prayers i'd appreciate it. thanks!

haha, and if any one wants pics, i do have them.. lol
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I'll be out of comission for a while :-\   I'll be out of comission for a while :-\ Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2007, 11:00 pm

just behave Smile and make sure your tetanus (sp) is up to date...
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: I'll be out of comission for a while :-\   I'll be out of comission for a while :-\ Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 8:17 am

Sorry to hear about all the happenings...Lynn's right, keep updated on your tetanus shot... I get one when the boys need one... guess Lynn will have to remind me to get one after the boys leave. HA!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: I'll be out of comission for a while :-\   I'll be out of comission for a while :-\ Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 10:02 am

No See its still 2007! Shocked

Gosh, Im sorry to hear you got hurt helping a neighbor. Get plenty of Rest and take care! Thoughts and prayers coming your way! Feel Better!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: I'll be out of comission for a while :-\   I'll be out of comission for a while :-\ Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 10:44 am

BUMMER, I hope you are OK. Sounds like it could have gone much worse.. Take care of yourself and take it easy until you are back up and going again. ily
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
All Hot Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I'll be out of comission for a while :-\   I'll be out of comission for a while :-\ Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 10:54 am

thanks guys. yes, i got my tetnus 8 years ago when i got cut at the beach. that sure won't fun. lol.
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: I'll be out of comission for a while :-\   I'll be out of comission for a while :-\ Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 10:57 am

All Hot Chocolate wrote:
thanks guys. yes, i got my tetnus 8 years ago when i got cut at the beach. that sure won't fun. lol.

Hey girl, you need a tetanus only every 10 yrs, but I believe they go ahead and give another one for safety's sake if it's been more than 7 yrs. Call your doctor and ask please.

Denise
Back to top Go down
All Hot Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I'll be out of comission for a while :-\   I'll be out of comission for a while :-\ Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 1:21 pm

oh we have. my mom and grand ma are both nurses, my gma was a ER/trauma nurse for 32 years. my aunts husband is a PA, so we talked to him. also, the nails weren't rusty or anything, it was just put up 2 months ago. and, we are watching it very closely. if there are ANY signs of infection or streaking, we head STRAIGHT to the ER.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: I'll be out of comission for a while :-\   I'll be out of comission for a while :-\ Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 9:29 pm

YES, you should get another one. Whenever you get a good ding like that you should update it.. I just had to get one when I took a hoof in the head and 12 staples.. Lucky for me I had a great nurse to give it to me. Never even felt it. Not when she gave it to me and not later.. pray
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll be out of comission for a while :-\   I'll be out of comission for a while :-\ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'll be out of comission for a while :-\
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: