Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Receipes-soups/slow cooker

Go down 
+2
Cindy
Lynn M.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Receipes-soups/slow cooker Empty
PostSubject: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2007, 10:28 pm

ok-Im bored and trying to keep busy at work LOL with planning for Ty and some of his special needs I am putting together receipes for when he gets home. With winter around the corner and probably 6 weeks or so till we get to go to get Ty... anyways you get my drift... If you have a favorite slow cooker/soup receipe I want it please!!!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2007, 12:50 am

Is this a kid taste bud recipe or adult???
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Cindy

Cindy

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2007, 12:53 am

1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon instant chopped onion
1 dried bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 jar (18 oz) chicken gravy
2 medium celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
2/3 cup milk
1 bag (1 lb) Green Giant® frozen mixed vegetables

1. Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with onion, bay leaf, pepper and gravy. Place celery on gravy.
2. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
3. About 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using Bisquick mix and milk as directed on package.
4. Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
5. For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl or tart pan. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on top of biscuit.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2007, 12:58 am

Okay, I am raiding my old emails of recipes for you.

hicken Spagetti
Take 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts. Put them in your crockpot and add 1 large jar of spagetti sauce. (Not the kind with meat in it). Let cook on slow all day till chicken is tender and pulls apart. Cook pasta and serve over. Add a salad and rolls and you have a complete meal. Unbelievably good.

Chilli Verde
Take 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts. Put them in your crockpot and add 1 large jar of spagetti sauce. (Not the kind with meat in it). Let cook on slow all day till chicken is tender and pulls apart. Cook pasta and serve over. Add a salad and rolls and you have a complete meal. Unbelievably good.

Pork & Squash Stew
Ingredients
1-1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1-1/2 pounds winter squash, such as butternut, hubbard, or acorn, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup sliced onion
1/2 cup dried apricots
2 tablespoons raisins
3 tablespoons instant flour or 1/4 cup packaged instant mashed potato flakes
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 14-ounce can chicken broth
1 tablespoon bottled steak sauce

Directions
1. Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 1-inch pieces. In a large skillet brown pork, half at a time, in hot oil about 5 minutes. Drain off fat.

2. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker place squash, onion, apricots, and raisins. Add pork. Sprinkle with instant flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Combine chicken broth and steak sauce; pour over meat.

3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Stir gently before serving. Makes 4 servings.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2007, 3:23 am

Cindy that worked great I copy and pasted to my microsoft and cheers score YEAH!!!! That bisquick one looks yummy!!!!! The pork and squash stew looks really good too never tried that before
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2007, 9:54 am

Boy, I'm getting hungry, just looking at those recipes... I'm going to print them off, too!

Here's my favorite crock pot one:

1) Roast - make sure it'll fit in the crock pot... criminey!

Put in a can of mushroom soup, a package of onion soup mix, a couple of cans of water, throw in carrots, onions and small taters.

Serve with salad and rolls... and I'm telling you, that's the best gravy you'll ever put in your mouth!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2007, 10:34 pm

Ok people, I have 15 grandkids and raised my own... mac and cheese, dogs, fried chix, corn on the cob and fresh friut and veg.. Want to do a crock pot (LOL), then make it mac and cheese. Kids like simple and yummy for the kid type mind.. bounce OH, they might like your crock pot. I sure do... study

You need to introduce the real food slowly. How about some custard, tapioca, pudding, jello, dogs, chix leg, HB, peanut butter, cinnomine toast, pancakes (add friut), french toast, bacon, srambled eggs, cerial, grilled cheeze and how about let them pick until you know what they like study Kids can be picky and need to be involved in what you are making. alien pig HELLO SNACKS Exclamation Gosh, my son was horrible, My daugher loved it all. doggie Just have to give them a well rounded varity and hope thy love it all... Keep an open mind affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2007, 11:08 pm

Just remember my son is used to Chinese food his favorites are fish, scrambled eggs, cookies, noodles just to name a few so I am looking for soups and stews that are easy to chew and have noodles etc. for him to try he is used to things totally different than US food. He went onto solid food at 4months because he couldn't drink from a bottle so he has definately had things very different. Needs to be more rounded than hot dogs and grilled cheese as this is a child who has not had great nutrition and will need to be "pumped up" before he can have surgery so that is why I are looking for more of the typical chicken and noodle type receipes as I dont have those (not my favorite food). Something with all the food groups represented is best. Remember Ty can't eat corn on the cob or anything hard to chew has to be soft (not even apples but yes to apple sauce see what I mean). Also remember with me working nights 12 hrs at a time and then driving home 1hr it is really nice to throw something into the crock pot in the am go to sleep and have supper made when I wake up LOVE IT. Then hubby gets to play with Ty and not have to worry about anything else all day long win win situation.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2007, 7:40 am

Lynn, the chicken & dumplings recipe that I gave you on the other forum, you can also convert that to chicken & noodles and it is really good. Also if you use fine egg noodles it might be more familiar to him than the traditional sort.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2007, 10:31 am

Fresh Snapped Green Beans, New Potatoes and Ham, The green beans are very easy to chew, As well as the Potatoes and the ham will give it flavor and protein. You can always grind it or blend it. With plenty of flavor.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2007, 6:16 pm

oh Triple J that is one of my favs esp with the new potatoes from my garden Smile I alway just use a ham hock and make it a side dish I bet I could zip it up with the ham and get it to a meal level dish with some rolls hmmm
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2007, 10:11 pm

lol! That is all good and fine. He is still a baby and I hope you broden his taste beyond chinese (I love chinese food) and grown up food. He does need to get all the food groups.. However, he also needs to be a kid. You should already know in your field that a highly nutricious milk shake is what is fed to under nourished people to bring them up. And, a hot dog is a treat not really a member of the food group. However, grilled cheese is a good source of nutrician. I would never give corn on the cob to a baby. There are many other ways to get corn in them without it being on the cob.. Broc & cheese are yummy too.

Dinner was always different in our house (well rounded meal with all the good stuff). You still need breakfast and lunch. He should have something he is used to. But, goodness sake there are so many things to eat out there and he should get to try them all.

When he gets here he will eat what he likes no matter what you make for him.. That is a kid thing. You will be at his comand when it comes to feeding him. Try to be creative and maybe look up some childrens menus to help you. I will try these suggestions since I am all grown up and love a simple meal that is yummy. Chicken and noodles is one thing I think everyone loves if prepared right.. YUMMY..

Good luck.. Do not fret over this. He will tell you what he wants.. I know you will introduce other great things he will love to eat as well. ily This is so danged exciting.. Little guy will have a wonderful life in America
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Receipes-soups/slow cooker   Receipes-soups/slow cooker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Receipes-soups/slow cooker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: