Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clara is sold

Go down 
+4
Sip of Rum
Lynn M.
Kidd Kuhlmann
QHorse163
8 posters
AuthorMessage
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2007, 9:10 pm

Crying or Very sad
Found out today that Clara is sold. Kind of a bittersweet moment for
me. I've been showing her for 5 years and she's helped me accomplish so
many of my goals. It will be hard to see her with someone else.

But she is going to an (almost) 8 year old girl who absolutely adores her.
She'll be a walk/jog horse for a couple of years and then retire to be
a trail horse. Couldn't ask for a better situation for her. She is also
staying at the same barn I have her at, so I can go and see her, and
even ride her if I want.

The little girl and her family just love her. She takes lessons at the
barn where I'm boarding, and the owner told me that every time
they are out there they stand in front of Clara's stall and tell her how
pretty she is. Smile
When the little girl was test riding her, she told me that Clara is her
dream horse and she just knows that she is the horse for her. So that
makes me really happy. As my one friend said, it is time to let someone
else love Clara as much as I do.

Crying or Very sad But it still makes me cry. I will miss my girl.

Thanks for listening.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2007, 9:28 pm

Awww - at least you know which direction to blow the kisses!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2007, 9:54 pm

so hard but so right at the same time
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 12:27 am

Aw its really sad that she is sold but I know exactly how you feel, I just sold Cisco to a young girl and just seeing the smile on her face when shes with him makes it all so right. I'm glad you get to see her and ride her still, that makes everything so much better. Smile
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 8:27 am

Heck, I didn't even know you were trying to sell her. But sounds like a good situation, same as Sip's. A young'un can benefit from all your training and hard work.

So what's next, are you on the hunt for another horse now?
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 10:11 am

Thanks guys. I couldn't ask for a better home for Clara, but it's just weird for me that she won't be mine anymore. Although it really makes me smile to see this little girl with Clara. She will have so much fun.

Shiela - I wasn't really trying to sell her, it just sort of worked out. I moved Clara to a new barn, and the lady who owns it does some training & gives lessons. I mentioned that we might sell Clara at the end of the summer and she immediately said that she knew who to sell her to. The people fell in love with her and it just went from there. Smile They didn't even haggle on the price. Talk about an easy sale (probably always happens like that when you don't really care if you move the horse haha)!

I'm not looking for another horse right now since I won't be able to come home much while I'm in school. But hopefully next spring I'll be able to pick something up. I've been thinking that I might try to get something cheap at a sale and flip it in the fall. Not really trying to make money but at least get something back in the end & not have to pay board through the winter. But the lady who owns the barn always has something around so I might be able to borrow or lease one to show. I guess we'll see when the time comes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 11:26 am

Never is easy to let them go. Sure makes a difference though when they get a good home. The buckskin filly I sold will be coming back here next month so we can babysit her while her owner is away in Montana visiting Mare.. cheering lol! She does not trust anyone else to take care of her.. So, we get to love on her a few days.. pray icecream
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 12:36 pm

awww I'm sorry Molly

Sad

clara will be great for that little girl

it might be hard to look at clara and know that she isn't yours -- but that little girl is going to learn so much (especially SMS!!)

hope your horse search or lease works out for you!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 4:18 pm

Thanks guys. Smile Seeing how much this girl and her family love Clara makes me know I made the right decision.

Bluejay - That will be fun having your filly back for a little while! Make sure you get her good and spoiled! Razz
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 8:46 pm

lol! I will spoil the heck out of her.. Course she was always spoiled. She never did anything naughty either.. She is just the kind of horse you can spoil and love on. You have a great opportuntiy to teach this little gal about horses and how to take care of them.. I think that is wonderful.. She will lean on you a lot I just know it. ily
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
QHorse163

QHorse163

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 11:50 pm

Thanks Bluejay. I hope Clara is really good for her and she can teach her a lot. Smile They told me today I can go ride her anytime I want, so that will make things very easy for me. They also asked if she could start having her lessons on Clara now. I was like... Of course! She is your horse now! Razz They are such nice people and it makes it much easier knowing Clara has a great family to love her.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 12:04 am

ahhhhh, I know how you feel! I cried. Sad But just think of the smile that Clara is going to give that little girl! flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 9:40 am

Well, sounds like everything worked out. So where ya going to school and what ya majoring in?

Aw, another one has left the nest... man-oh-man, you young'uns are sure growing up fast!!!!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2007, 10:47 pm

Thanks Cindy. I know they love her so much. Makes it so much easier knowing she has a great home.

Sheila - I'm actually a junior in college. Cool It has gone by so fast, I don't know where the time went. I go to Carnegie Mellon University majoring in Information Systems (sort of a mix of computers & business). I will get my bachelors in spring of 2009 and my school has a program where I will hopefully be able to get my masters in Information Systems Management with just one extra semester. And then I'm moving to Texas! Razz At least that's the plan for now. haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clara is sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara is sold   Clara is sold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clara is sold
Page 1 of 1