Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why not?

Go down 
+3
REINING CHICK
Triple J Quarter Horses
Bucks&Blues
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Why not? Empty
PostSubject: Why not?   Why not? Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 1:24 pm

I just picked Vegas up Friday from the trainer to spend the rest of the summer with me. Then when it gets wet and freezing she goes back up there.

I rode her Friday, and my trainer worked me so hard I thought I was going to die. He was teaching me how to spin and all that. So the ride was fine, I actually almost started crying right in the middle of a spin because I was so happy.

I get to the barn Saturday morning to feed and notice her back left leg is about the size of a football. I thought she may have been a little stocked up, so later that day I got her out and let her move around and stretch. It went down a little bit, but still swollen.

Ive been riding her since Friday, but no working, just walking and stopping. I didnt ride last night cause I just didnt think it was right.

I called my vet and he is coming out later today to look and x-ray her. Hopefully this isnt something that will cause all training to stop. She has so much talent and endless amounts of potential in reining.

I will get some pictures and post them.

Just wanted to rant. It would be my luck to get her home, and then have her go lame on me. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why not?   Why not? Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 1:26 pm

Dang it! Sounds like the luck Ive been having lately! Shoot!
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why not?   Why not? Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 1:27 pm

Are you sure she wasnt bitten by anything? that is pretty scary!! that is pretty much my worest fear!!! ekkk!! i hope everything ends up ok!
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why not?   Why not? Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 2:32 pm

just think positive! it's probably just a tweak and she'll be all better!

**hugs**
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why not?   Why not? Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2007, 1:17 pm

Well the vet came out and checked her leg,and he thought she might have fractured her splint bone. He took about five x rays and told me he would call me the next day.

He finally called at six o clock the next night, and said he did not see any breaks or fractures. But he did say she had some pretty good muscle damage, and that she will probably have perminent puffiness, scaretissue.

We are having a therapist come out saturday, and he said if he can work on it soon enough he can prevent the scartissue. I will give an update after the therapists sees her.
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why not?   Why not? Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2007, 11:43 pm

Poor Vegas! Sad At least it's not a fracture, though. You had me scared there for a minute! Good luck getting her healed up.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why not?   Why not? Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2007, 10:31 am

Well, for goodness sakes... I'm sorry to hear about that, please keep us informed...what did the vet say about riding in the future?
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why not?   Why not? Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2007, 12:27 am

I had my boyfriend type that last post. I was on the phone and he was typing what I was telling him to.

The therapist came out today and said that he is pretty sure he can prevent the scar tissue. He said to get some beagle oil, furasin (spelling is way off there) and do a little pack for 2 hours a day for a week.

I was so sick that day the vet came out, my nerves were shot.

The good news is that after a month of rest and healing, she will be fine. He said she would be able to continue her reining training with ease! Dancing

Whew! Whats next?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Why not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why not?   Why not? Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2007, 1:54 am

don't ask that question this year...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why not? Empty